Wednesday, March 08, 2006

(99) Starting the complete works of Shakespeare with Julius Caesar

In the early evening of December 13th 1993 I was browsing through W.H.Smiths at London’s Kings Cross station. I came across a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare for £2.50. For some time I had been meaning to buy a collection of his works, so I bought it. I decided that I would read Julius Caesar, which I had last read through at school. I started reading it on the train journey that evening to Peterborough, and continued to read from it on the way back.

Late that evening I arrived back at Murray Sharp’s house in West Hampstead. In his bathroom was a copy of Julius Caesar.
I asked him about it and he said that he had just started reading it.
I mentioned the coincidence and he said that he had just asked his brother to give him the complete works of Shakespeare for Christmas.

No comments: