Sunday, March 12, 2006

(192) Revelations of Chance

On April 4th 2003 I sent this e mail to Dr Roderick Main -

Hola! Did your book Revelations of Chance ever materialize?
Hope you are well.
James

I then appended a few recent examples of coincidence that I had experienced. It had been at least eighteen months since any communication between us and he had last said that he would be aiming to have a book on synchronicity called Revelations of Chance coming out in late 2002.

Two days later he replied -

Dear James,
my book, which will be quite different now from the thesis and may or may not end up being called Revelations of Chance, is still not finished.
However, on the very evening you wrote to me, I began a period of four months paid study leave during which I shall have the completing of the book as my sole specific task. I will send you a copy of the book when it does find its way into print (the publisher with whom I have a contract is Brunner- Routledge). I may also try to get in touch before then about the sections relating to your experiences.
Is that OK with you?
Many thanks for your accounts below.
I am glad the god of coincidence is still keeping you on your toes.
I hope you and your family are well,
Best wishes,

Roderick

See page 12 of this catalogue -
https://www.sunypress.edu/PDF/Spring_2007/Spring2007NBA.pdf

No comments: