Friday, March 10, 2006

(171) Mick Brown

On October 28th 2000 The Daily Telegraph magazine featured an article by Mick Brown http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Brown_(journalist) about allegations of sexual abuse aginst Sai Baba. My wife asked whether I had yet pointed the piece out to Jeremy Stafford-Deitsch. I said that I might.
On November 7th 2000 I did indeed telephone Jeremy re his contacting Brown further to another guru’s corrupt activities.
The next day he rang back to say that he had read Brown´s  article on the internet and had then phoned him and mentioned my name as somebody else who had heard similar allegations and was anxious to bring that other guy to justice.

Brown said that that was a coincidence, for in early August I had sent him a copy of my book Coincidences (we had never met) at The Telegraph.

And he was just reading it.

No comments: