(174) Rain Men
At lunchtime on January 23rd 2001 I leant my forehead against my wife's whilst seated at the computer.
This unusual gesture, one I had never made to her before, reminded me of the scene from the end of the film Rain Man where the autistic character played by Dustin Hoffman achieves a communication of affection with his normal brother, played by Tom Cruise.
I did not mention to her that it had put me in mind of that.
The moment happens at 1:05:50 here - Rain man: But only Raymond is present and speaks (youtube.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Man
That afternoon she went out and returned with five videos which she had bought as there was a bargain offer on at a store where one could buy five for £20. One of them was Rain Man.
This unusual gesture, one I had never made to her before, reminded me of the scene from the end of the film Rain Man where the autistic character played by Dustin Hoffman achieves a communication of affection with his normal brother, played by Tom Cruise.
I did not mention to her that it had put me in mind of that.
The moment happens at 1:05:50 here - Rain man: But only Raymond is present and speaks (youtube.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Man
That afternoon she went out and returned with five videos which she had bought as there was a bargain offer on at a store where one could buy five for £20. One of them was Rain Man.
She had never mentioned before obtaining it.
Comments