Tuesday, March 07, 2006

(30) The Geller Effect

On May 26th 1988, I chose a book to read whilst eating my dinner.
I picked up a biography of Uri Geller: The Geller Effect by Uri Geller and Guy Lyon Playfair.
http://www.uri-geller.com/articles/car/geller-effect.htm

(Btw, at 3:p.m. on April 17th 1989 I telephoned the Society for Psychical Research. Mary Rose Barrington had recommended that I get in touch with Guy Playfair about my coincidences material. I asked the secretary if she had his address or phone number, or if it might be possible for she herself to forward some of my material on to him.
“Would you like to speak to him?”, she responded. He was there, we spoke, and I sent him some of my stuff.)

As I sat down to eat, with the book in one hand, the BBC TV local news programme Look East broadcast an item about an auction to raise money for a children’s hospital.

The actor Ross Davidson, known principally at the time through his appearances in the TV soap opera Eastenders, was holding up an item donated by a celebrity for auction.
This one had been donated by Uri Geller and was a copy of the book The Geller Effect with a pair of (presumably) bent keys dangling from it.

It was only in view for five seconds or so.

Although I had never met Davidson, he and I had once appeared in separate scenes in the same film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Davidson

No comments: