Tuesday, March 07, 2006

(1) Familial forecasts: "Norwich crash three nil!"... "Two twenty-six ...a unicorn...666"

In the early 1970s whilst the introductory titles to a BBC TV local sports programme were playing I (see above from circa 1971) had the certain intuition that the presenter would introduce it with the words "Norwich crash three nil."
Norwich City Football Club had suffered a surprise three goals to nil loss that afternoon.

So strong was this sensation that I even blurted out to my startled brothers, Allan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snickometer and Robert,

"Norwich crash three nil! Norwich crash three nil!"

The introductory titles ended, the presenter said a few brief words of introduction, and then "... and Norwich crash three nil."
... ... ...
Further to the theme of familial forecasts, I append these three later examples, quite out of chronological sequence -

"Two twenty-six ...a unicorn...666"
On July 6th 2000 I was reading from example 67 of Coincidences (Entry 164 here) and had reached the point where I question Ian Phillips’ chess grade. "Two Two Six??"

As I read it my three year old son, Sacha, said "Two twenty six."
... ... ...

At 5:52 p.m.on July 10th 2000 I was reading from page 15 of Coincidences where I give details of Monoceros: The Unicorn. (These are here included in Part Two: The Narrative, Epilogues and Appendices, http://james-plasketts-coincidence-diary.blogspot.com/2006/03/part-two-narrative-epilogues-and.html )

As I did so my three year old son, Sacha, said "You are a unicorn." That morning he had seen the film The Last Unicorn on TV .
.. .... ...
On the evening of November 27th 2000 I was in the bath with my son. I began to think about making an exposition, to my brother, Neil, of how my octopus expedition got done and where the finance came from. Cliff Stanford’s rise, via a loan of £20,000 into £34,000,000 six years later due to the creation and sale of Demon Internet, made quite a story.

The Demon Internet access number contained the sequence 666.
The replacement number also has 666 in it. Stanford gave me his phone numbers in Brussels, and his mobile.
These confirmed what his uncle had already told me: they all have 666 in them too.

I was thinking about saying to Neil - "Guess what his fax, phone and mobile numbers all have in them" - when my four year old son, Sacha, bleated out "Six six six". I asked him to repeat what he had just said and he said the same thing again. I then asked him to repeat it again, so that I could be absolutely certain, and he again said
"Six six six".
He explained that he was saying this because I had sprayed him with water.

No comments: