Thursday, December 20, 2007

(226) Here I am

At 9:30 p.m. on June 15th 2006 I drove up to a bus stop in Playa Flamenca expecting my wife and son to have arrived on a bus from La Union. The bus had not shown, but they were often a few minutes out so I parked up, thinking to myself: "I said I would be here at 9:30, and here I am."
Those last three words made me think of the chorus of the Simon and Garfunkel song " The only living boy in New York ". Simón & Garfunkel- the only living boy in New York (subtitulada en español) - YouTube 
I varied it to " The only living boy in Playa Flamenca ".
I then thought on how odd it would be if that very Simon and Garfunkel song were then to come over the radio. I turned on the car radio, and scanned across to the first audible channel. This turned out to be Costa Hollanda.
The only living boy in New York was playing, as I pointed out to my wife a couple of minutes later when she alighted.
I have never heard it since, via any medium, and the last occasion when I had previously heard it before June 15th 2006 had certainly been many, many years before.

No comments: