Thursday, December 20, 2007

(217) Timely appearances

A contributor to a thread at the quizzing.co.uk website (Phil) started moaning about his inability to get on to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? A debate developed about how to do it and with some maverick voices intimating that the show might be rigged, and others, myself included. joking about that.

Some time later, on September 1st 2004, Phil posted this -

Posted by Phil
I'm sorry I started this...although.. Been watching Classic Millionaire today on Challenge TV, they had couples on and guess who was waving at me on my telly. Charles & Diana Ingram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Shame they didn't make it into the chair, it would have been a perfect hat-trick.
1 Sep 2004 17:18

Posted by PLASKETT
Well I never You see? It´s all fixed, I tell you...
1 Sep 2004 19:40

And then 9 days later....

Posted by DianeH
Aha, I sense a conspiracy! Mr Plaskett appeared on Classic Millionaire tonight on Sky (a coincidence?)
10 Sep 2004 23:14

Posted by dougal18
More WWTBAM conspiracies! Elanor of Aquitane was French and this girl had to order French numbers! Which links her with Judith Keppel. But that is enough Plaskett mode for one day.
11 Sep 2004 03:03

Posted by PLASKETT
Nobody tells me anything... quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted by DianeH Aha, I sense a conspiracy! Mr Plaskett appeared on Classic Millionaire tonight on Sky (a coincidence?) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How did I do?
11 Sep 2004 16:55

Posted by DianeH
Oh sorry, James, forgot to answer your query. I'm afraid you didn't get into the chair, but better luck next time.
11 Sep 2004 18:21

Posted by PLASKETT
Which of my glorious failures? If it was the second, then note that one of the other also-rans was Mrs (Jenny) Ingram.
11 Sep 2004 19:54

Posted by PLASKETT September 10th developments quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted by DianeH Aha, I sense a conspiracy! Mr Plaskett appeared on Classic Millionaire tonight on Sky (a coincidence?) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you, Diane, for spotting me on Classic Millionaire on September 10th 2004.
The third anniversary of the Major´s infamous appearance...

Then, circa 10:36 on October 21st 2004, a post appeared about an earlier post of Phil´s in which he had made a cheeky comment about me.

Less than two hours later DianeH responded thus -

Posted by DianeH
Coincidence strikes again! (or is it) At this very moment PLASKETT is on Classic Millionaire on Challenge TV
21 Oct 2004 12:19

Posted by PLASKETT
(Still) nobody tells me anything I should get royalties for all of my re-broadcast appearances. I mean, I got no prize money....
22 Oct 2004 10:33

Then, on January 10th 2005, I was in the UK WWTBAM? studio again as a contestant for a show which would be broadcast on January 15th. They originally had me as contestant number two, but then shifted me to seat one for reasons of colour of clothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEw5Upx6DI&feature=related
Someone then told me that they had glimpsed me on TV on the evening of January 8th on a re-broadcast edition of the show on a series called Classic Millionaire. He said that I had been in seat number one. that would have been from series five on November 12th 1999.
This edition, of the more than four hundred that had been recorded in the UK, was being re- broadcast as I had just flown in again to the UK to qualify for a show on which I would again sit in seat number one.

On January 22nd 2005 I was at a chess meet in Nottingham when Dorothy Pierre-Blanc, a chess enthusiast whom I had not seen for some years, mentioned to me that she had turned on her TV the previous Saturday and had seen a chessplayer she knew and whom she had even played and beaten, Mr Keith Pottage, in the hot seat on WWTBAM?.
I told her, to her surprise, that I had been on that very show.

No comments: