Monday, February 16, 2009

(248) Living the Dream. Bryan Appleyard and big time Blogging at The Times

My Statcounter showed that at 7.20 a.m. on Feb 15th 2009 someone in Tokyo had put
Chess Dream-A into a search engine.

The 2nd and 3rd hits were of my blog here. But the 8th was -

Thought Experiments : The Blog: Living the Dream

- [翻译此页]It's as if she has awoken from a dream, a rather pleasant dream, ... (Why couldn
't it have been chess, where I might have turned my obsession to account, ...
www.bryanappleyard.com/blog/2008/07/living-dream.php - 27k -
(The Link is now defunct.)

I was intrigued and followed the link to discover Bryan Appleyard's Blog. I had no previous idea that he was a Blogger. Five hours later on February 15th 2009 I jokingly sent him this e mail in which I pretended annoyance -

Sir!
I note a Blog entry of yours of July 18th 2008 headed
Living The Dream.

You have stolen the title of my Blog!

I shall write to The Times...

Disgusted,Cartagena


The next day I actually looked at The Times on line and saw an article headed 
The guide to the 100 best blogs: Part One
but with no clue as to the author's identity.

I clicked on it and saw it was from the previous day ́s Sunday Times under the heading

Most Read.

And it was by Bryan Appleyard -

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/
article5725644.ece
(This Link too has become defunct.)

Appleyard says at his Blog that he began it in March 2006.

I also began mine then.

No comments: