Monday, February 16, 2009

(248) Big time blogging at The Times

My Statcounter showed that at 7.20 a.m. on Feb 15th 2009 someone in Tokyo had put
Chess Dream-A
into a search engine.

The 2nd and 3rd hits were of this blog, but the 8th was -

Thought Experiments : The Blog: Living the Dream

- [ 翻译此页 ]It's as if she has awoken from a dream, a rather pleasant dream, ... (Why couldn
't it have been chess, where I might have turned my obsession to account, ...
www.bryanappleyard.com/blog/2008/07/living-dream.php - 27k -

I was intrigued and followed the link to discover Bryan Appleyard´s blog.
I had no previous idea that he blogged.

Amusedly I sent him this e mail of pretend annoyance at 13:23, Spanish time, Feb 15th 2009 -

Sir!
I note a Blog entry of yours of July 18th 2008 headed
Living The Dream.

You have stolen the title of my Blog!

I shall write to The Times...

Disgusted,
Cartagena

The next day I looked at The Times on line and saw an article headed The guide to the 100 best blogs: Part One
but with no clue from that to the author.

I clicked on it and saw it was from the previous day´s Sunday Times under the heading

Most Read.

It was by Appleyard -

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/
article5725644.ece

Appleyard says at his blog that he began it in March 2006.

I also began mine then.

No comments: