Thursday, December 18, 2014

(280) Parsifal and the magic of the quest for The Holy Grail

Circa 0:30 a.m. on December 18th 2014 I was continuing to view some clips from interviews with the late Robin Williams. Just a few minutes earlier I had heard John Lennon ́s Mind Games playing from my son ́s room. - https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=youtube+mind+games+john+lennon&type=2button&fr=ush-mailn

At 1:12 there are the lyrics -

Some kind of Druid dudes lifting the vail
Doing the mind guerilla
Some call it magic, the search for the grail

Then I watched Williams' appearance with Oprah from 1991. I noted something which prompted me to attempt to alter the list of points given in the synopsis of and also alter Point (59) within the narrative itself. - http://james-plasketts-coincidence-diary.blogspot.com.es/2006/03/part-two-narrative-epilogues-and.html

(57) I note that in Terry Gilliam ́s 1991 film The Fisher King, Robin Williams plays the part of a man called ́ Parry ́ - a diminutive form of Parsifal (See 6.20 mins into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT4G_jwwMSo) - and he claims that he has glimpsed a photograph of The Holy Grail which he must seek in a FEBRUARY 1988 edition of a magazine, i.e. the same date it all irrupted into my life. -

In each instance I was merely adding the Youtube link to the point in The Fisher King where the significance of his adopted name is given.
In the midst of doing so, I mistakenly jogged the laptop and switched it off.
I restarted the computer and this somehow activated the above link to her show right from the start. That generated, at 1:32, a clip to Williams as ́Parry, responding to Jeff Bridges ́ disparaging of the very concept of a grail quest and describing Parry as a nutcase, or "only partly insane" who could get a normal job.

Williams responds that he has a normal job: his quest for the Holy Grail.

(The link to Williams apperance on Oprah´s show is no longer operative.
You may access the above cited scene 4 minutes into this - The Fisher King ~ 9 (youtube.com)


No comments: