Thursday, November 20, 2008

(244) Coincidences Two

On May 1st 2004 Jonathan Rowson, who had purchased from me a copy of Coincidences shortly after its publication in 2000, asked me when Coincidences Two would be coming out.
Later that same evening, Daniel Gormally, whom I knew to have leafed through somebody else´s copy but who had not himself bought one, asked me the same question, although he subsequently claimed not to have known that Rowson had asked it previously.
...   ...   ...
On August 4th 2008 I spoke by phone with my brother Neil and happened to mention the coincidence with Paula Yates buying the house next door to us in Hastings as detailed in Entry 166. Living the Dream: A Coincidence Diary: (166) Paula Yates and family and friends. And from the Third to the Fourth (james-plasketts-coincidence-diary.blogspot.com)
"Put it in your book," said Neil, to whom I had given a copy of Coincidences five years previously but to whom I had never suggested the possibility of a sequel.

Later that evening I logged on to the Internet Chess Club for the first time in several weeks and saw that Geoff D., who played under the handle of Sandinista, had left me some frivolous, anagrammatic messages, although there was no reason for him to do so and he had never left me any message before.
I also noted that those had been there for 2 weeks.
I contacted him on line at the club and in an interchange re those messages a coincidental thing cropped up and he said "Put it in volume two."

No comments: